Mark Risk litigates discrimination, restrictive covenant, wage/hour, contract and benefits disputes in New York federal and state courts. He has tried cases in federal and state court and at the major arbitration forums, and briefed and argued state and federal appeals. He also represents executives and others in employment contract and severance negotiations.
Mark is a fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, and serves on the Advisory Board of the NYU Law Center for Labor and Employment Law. He served for twelve years as co-editor of Labor and Employment Law, the quarterly newsletter of the American Bar Association’s Section of Labor and Employment Law.
In addition to his practice, Mark teaches advocacy skills as a faculty member for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, including at in-house programs at the U.S. Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, Federal Aviation Administration, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, Social Security Administration, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and numerous private law firms.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1984. Hays Civil Liberties Fellow
- University of Chicago, M.A. (political science), 1981
- Swarthmore College, B.A., 1978
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers. 2008–
- Advisory Board, NYU Law Center for Labor and Employment Law
- Faculty Member, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, various trial and deposition skills programs. 1996–present
- Vice Chair, Tenth Annual Conference, ABA Labor and Employment Section, Chicago, November 2016
Co-Chair, Eleventh Annual Conference, ABA Labor Employment Section, Washington D.C., November 2017
Co-Editor, Labor and Employment Law Newsletter (ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law). 2002-2014
Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Co-Chair, Technology Subcommittee, Committee on Employment Rights and Responsibilities, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section. 2008-2014
CLE Conference Committee Chair, National Employment Lawyers Association/New York.
AV Rating, Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
Best Lawyers, New York, 2011–
New York Super Lawyers, Thomson West, 2007–